Summer 2017 Registration is underway!
Please read this page before registering via the link at the bottom of the page.
Trips are open to young people ages 13 - 25 and registrations must be submitted online. Trips often fill up very quickly and once full, a waiting list is taken.
To complete the online form be prepared to provide:
- Applicant's contact information including a primary email address for important trip information
- Trip choices in order of preference - up to 10 (all trips). Make sure you are aware of the boarding and disembarking locations (FROM & TO) and dates of each trip!
- A credit card for payment of the registration fee, is required in order to process the trip request.
All summer trips are 10 days and include meals, sail training materials park fees and taxes. Trip fees do not include travel to or from the boarding or disembarking location and trainees must make their own travel arrangements.
Cost and Bursaries
Through the generosity of our donors, SALTS is able to offer bursaries to those who wouldn't otherwise be able to sail. Bursary funds are awarded to applicants who demonstrate financial need and/or circumstances which put the trip fee beyond their family's reach. At SALTS we understand that even middle income families are stretched when it comes to providing worthwhile opportunities for their kids and "financial need" may apply to those who wouldn't otherwise ask for help
Bursary applications can be requested during the online registration process and submitted once a trip offer is received. Awards will be allocated and recipients will be notified each month until the funds are exhausted, so be sure to register and apply early!
SALTS wishes to thank the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation for their generous support of our bursary program through a grant of $100,000 per year for five years!
- We are not able to offer a trip for any of the applicant's trip choices for the summer 2017 season.
- The applicant withdraws their trip request or removes their name from our waitlist (in writing) before we have sent a trip offer. Trip choices must be kept up to date in order to avoid being offered a trip that is no longer suitable.
REGISTER FOR THE BEST SUMMER EVER!