Summer 2018 Cost & Registration
Trips are open to young people ages 13 - 25 and registrations must be submitted online. Trips often fill up very quickly and once full, a waiting list is taken.
All summer trips are 10 days and include meals, sail training materials, park fees and taxes. Trip fees do not include travel to or from the boarding or disembarking location and trainees must make their own travel arrangements.
Find Summer 2018 Trip Routes and Dates Here
Registration Fee: $150.00
Payable with all registrations, with or without a bursary.
The registration fee is Non-refundable once a trip offer is sent.
Trip Fee : $1875.00 (less with a bursary!)
Prior to April 1st the trip fee for new registrations may be divided into three equal payments. After April 1st all trip fees paid are non-refundable.
|$150||Due at time of initial registration Trip Request
Non-refundable once a trip has been offered
||$1875||First payment of $625 due within 10 days of trip offer
Second payment of $625 due February 1, 2018
Final payment of $625 due May 1, 2018
with a bursary
|$150-1800||Bursary award notifications will include a schedule for three equal payments of the remaining trip fee after the award has been applied. The first payment will be due within 10 days of the bursary award notice.|
- We are not able to offer a trip for any of the applicant's trip choices prior to the trip departure day.
- The applicant withdraws their trip request or removes their name from our wait list (in writing) before we have sent a trip offer. Changes to trip choices and/or availability must be made in writing (email is fine) in order to avoid being offered a trip that is no longer suitable.
- A bursary applicant is notified that we are not able to provide the minimum amount required (as indicated on their bursary application) and is offered the opportunity to withdraw their trip request.
To complete the online registration Trip Request form be prepared to provide:
- Applicant's (Trainee's) contact information including a primary email address for important trip information
- Trip choices in order of preference - up to 10 (all trips). Make sure you are aware of the boarding and disembarking locations (FROM & TO) and dates of each trip!
- A credit card for payment of the registration fee, is required in order to process the trip request.
|AN AMAZING SUMMER ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!
SUMMER 2018 REGISTRATION
Bursary funds are awarded to applicants who demonstrate financial need and/or circumstances which put the trip fee beyond their family's reach. At SALTS we understand that even middle income families are stretched when it comes to providing worthwhile opportunities for their kids and "financial need" may apply to those who wouldn't otherwise ask for help.
The bursary committee will review applications and issue bursary awards on a monthly basis until funds are exhausted, so be sure to register and apply early! The amount awarded will be based on eligibility criteria, including demonstrated need (combined household income) and extenuating circumstances. Applicants must agree to perform at least one hour of volunteer service to a charitable organization for ever $100 of bursary funding they receive and send a thank you letter describing their SALTS trip experience to be shared with bursary donors following their trip.
SALTS wishes to thank the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation for their generous support of our bursary program through a grant of $100,000 per year from 2013 to 2017!