Welcome AboardEach year, we mentor 1700 young people from all walks of life as they learn to sail a tall ship with SALTS! We provide "training, by the sea, for life!"
Click for info about Summer 2015 trips
School or youth groups participate in four or five-day voyages to the Gulf Islands each spring and fall. Individual young people join in ten-day summer voyages along the east or west coast of Vancouver Island. Every few years, an offshore
voyage is launched to destinations such as the South Pacific, Far East, Australia, or Europe.
- Day Sail Registration Join us on a Day Sail this season! Open to all ages. Click here for information about Day Sail dates and fees, and to register.
- SALTS Annual Meeting Join us for SALTS Annual Meeting for Members and Friends on February 26 at 7pm at the clubhouse of Cedar Hill Golf Course, 1400 Derby Road in Victoria, BC.
- New Bursaries Available Applications now available for bursaries for aboriginal young people from the Central Coast and Haida Gwaii region to sail on a 10-day summer trip. Click here for more info.
- Summer Registration Registration for SALTS summer 2015 trips is now open! Click here to learn more and to register.
- Latest Newsletter Check out our February 2015 newsletter and keep up to date with all that is happening at SALTS Sail and Life Training Society.
- Seaspan $500K Gift Seaspan announced a multi-year donation of $1.1 million to three BC marine and port community charitable organizations.
Bursaries are provided for those who cannot afford the full program cost. We partner with numerous other community organizations to provide bursaries to young people from challenging life situations (cognitive disabilities, at-risk, cancer recovery, recent immigrants, etc). People of all ages can participate in Day Sails by registering online. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, relational, and physical potential of young people through sail training, shipboard life, and associated activities in a Christian environment.